Sunday, September 4, 2011

Where did summer go?!

This summer has FLOWN by.

In less than 36 hours I will be back in Boston as a junior in college. Holy crap! I'm like, old!

This summer, I can honestly say, has been the best and worst o my life.

Let's get the negative recap out of the way:
1. Drinking too much and getting sick, then having to work at 8am completely hungover. I had to leave early, I could barely stand. I went home, slept for six hours, then went back out that night. In my defense, that night was Ted's birthday, and I'm a champ, so...
2. So much friend drama. I spent far too many nights up late crying and venting with friends about other friends. It was so messed up. It was like no one wanted to get along and everyone was in it for themselves. Now, thankfully, everything is good, and I can happily report that I personally am getting along with everyone.
3. Work sucked. I hate everything about working until 11pm six nights a week.
4. The summer to do list did not get completed.
5. For a long time I just didn't feel like myself. I wasn't as happy as normal.

Now the good stuff:
1. I'm tanner than I've ever been.
2. My beach day with Ted that we spent seven hours relaxing on the beach only getting up to swim has gone down as the best day ever.
3. The night I walked out of work with Dyl to find all our friends waiting for us in the parking lot.
4. Meeting Mike Chase and Paige, who are two incredibly sweet people.
5. Six Flags (the first trip was better than the second).
6. Ending the summer by going to the driving range and then tidepooling until sunset.
7. Sleepovers at Katie's, waking her and Burgess up for pancakes.
8. That sleepover at Katie's before Six Flags where we watched Your Highness and fell asleep.
9. Winning my heat in the demo.
10. The failed glow in the dark game of capture the flag.
11. Growing a backbone.
12. Learning to prioritize.
13. Learning new nouns, such as 'Mike Chase special' and 'dickleech'.
14. The dinner train.
15. Various bonfires at my house, Katie's, Jeff's, Hamblin's.
16. The night we played mini golf then went hottubbing at Sam's.
17. Beating Theodore at go-cart racing, even though my win came out of a bribe.
18. Burning that Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment